Flowserve Dayton Foundry's No-Bake Process can satisfy the most demanding requirements for high-quality, high-performance castings.
Utilizing wood, plastic, styrofoam® and metal patterns, no-bake is particularly appropriate for prototype work as alterations can be made cost effectively. It is also appropriate for one-offs, as well as high production runs.
Flowserve pours stainless steel, nickel-based and cobalt-based alloys in accordance with several specifications, including ASTM and AMS. Custom alloys can also be produced.
Standards and Specifications
- Stainless Steel Grades: ASTM A217; A351; A743; A744; A747; A890; A995
- Nickel Base: ASTM A494
- Cobalt Base: AMS 5387
- Heat Resistant Grades: ASTM A297
- 400 lb (181 kg), 1000 lb (454 kg), 4000 lb (1814 kg), 8000 lb (3629 kg) coreless induction furnaces
- 6000 lb (2722 kg) gross casting weight
Minimum Casting Wall Thickness
- 1/4 in (6 mm) depending on part of configuration
- ±0.015 in/in (0.015 mm/mm)
- 150-250 RMS (as cast)
Quality, Inspection, Testing
A full range of laboratory, mechanical and non-destructive testing services is available as required.
Routine procedures include:
- X-ray fluorescence spectroscopy
- Leco carbon and gas (H, N, O) analysis
- Mechanical testing (tensile and impact)
- Welding qualified to ASME Section IX Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code and ASTM A488
- Blasting with steel or stainless steel shot; aluminum oxide
- Heat treating and quenching
- Pattern, mold and core making
- Rapid prototype process
®Styrofoam is a registered trademark of the Dow Chemical Company.