Pump Supplier to Geothermal Power Generators
What makes Flowserve the geothermal industry pump supply leader? Regardless of geothermal power plant type, Flowserve offers proven pumps for your plant-wide applications. Learn more about geothermal pumping systems from Flowserve.
Regardless of geothermal power plant type – dry steam, flashed steam or binary-cycle (a.k.a. engineered geothermal systems or EGS) – Flowserve offers a complete package of proven pumps for plant-wide application. In addition to handling hot geothermal fluids and brines, conventional steam turbine condensate and circulating water, Flowserve can also provide pump systems including auxiliary equipment for direct use applications and such as heat for industrial processes, building heating, greenhouses, crop drying, etc.
- Intake – Vertical turbine and submersible motor pumps offer proven reliability for water intake services.
- Working Fluids – A variety of vertical and between bearings pumps fulfills heat transfer fluids requirements.
- Auxiliary Services – Flowserve offers an extensive line of pumps, including ANSI, ISO and API designs. They are available in a wide variety of metallic and non-metallic materials and in many design and hydraulic configurations to satisfy virtually all plant-wide pumping needs.
- Wastewater – Although many geothermal plants produce no appreciable solid waste, the unique characteristics of some geothermal fluids require special attention to handle entrained by-products. These include valuable minerals that can be recovered and recycled and contaminants such as corrosive salts and heavy metals. Flowserve offers a wide selection of pump types and materials to successfully satisfy these needs.
- Injection – To recycle water to the geothermal well, Flowserve offers a wide choice of vertical and between bearings pumps, including high-pressure injection models.
Innovative Life Cycle Cost Programs
New Pump Selection
Flowserve provides front-end consulting services that balance initial procurement costs with longer-term operational concerns including equipment reliability and energy consumption. Proper upfront selection of a high-efficiency, high-energy pump can literally save millions of dollars in operating costs over the life of the system.
Turnkey Engineering and Field Service
Flowserve offers turnkey engineering capabilities to streamline capital expenses related to piping design, foundation engineering, electrical systems and instrumentation. Flowserve technicians can offer installation and commissioning solutions, such as advanced laser alignment and ungrouted foundation solutions, that significantly reduce installation time.
Pumping systems can comprise between 20% and 50% of energy usage in typical industrial plants. On behalf of its customers, Flowserve actively pursues hydraulic re-rates, pump upgrades and system enhancements that offer energy savings between 30% and 50% of existing levels. A typical improvement program may involve field assessments, analytical modeling and investment recommendations.
Flowserve engineers and technicians have been specially trained to help customers analyze, diagnose and solve those issues that cause problematic pump breakdowns and unscheduled outages. Engineers are equipped to collect real-time data, review performance problems, analyze data and make recommendations that result in improved pump system availability and higher profits.
Flowserve technicians are trained to provide services that go beyond simple reactive maintenance and repair. By analyzing failure modes, Flowserve can offer design improvements ranging from materials and coatings upgrades to hydraulic re-rates – all aimed at increasing pump reliability.
Programs that help standardize materials, maximize interchangeability and increase part and assembly availability can significantly impact costs associated with spare parts inventory. Asset management experts from Flowserve can offer customized programs that reduce inventory levels while ensuring availability of critical parts.